Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Black Day

(I'm still waiting for some of my concert videos to be uploaded so I guess I have to wait another day)

Anyway, today is Black Day! I mentioned Valentine's Day and White Day before... both happy occasions... but Black Day is a sad day where those without significant others gather to eat Jjajangmyun at a Chinese restaurant.
9 of us (all single except for one) shared some deep fried dumplings, sweet and sour pork, and we each got a bowl of Jjajangmyun -- all for 5,000won. Jjajangmyun is a black bean paste noodle... AK says it's black because it's supposed to resemble the chocolate we didn't receive on Valentine's/White Day... how sad is that?
mix mix mix
It tastes good though -- not salty at all compared to the one I've had at home.

Fact: A Korean man named Kim Jae-hyun is famous for having eaten only jajangmyeon for five years (between 1970 and 1975) and is a common symbol of jajangmyeon all over Korea. He is still alive at 64 years old. Se-Young Lee from Seoul was known to have beaten this record by 2 years and 6 months, finally giving up in 2005.

Happy Black Day!

1 comment: